Whether you’re the greatest singer in the world or just looking to have a great night out with your closest friends, karaoke is something that everyone can enjoy.
It’s only fitting, however, that if you’re going to be singing your heart out, you might as well pick the best material.
If you’re struggling for ideas, here’s our list of the best 90s karaoke songs.
Table of Contents
- 1. “Killing Me Softly With His Song” by Fugees
- 2. “Livin’ la Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin
- 3. “Life is a Highway” by Tom Cochrane
- 4. “No Diggity (ft. Dr. Dre & Queen Pen)” by Blackstreet
- 5. “Come As You Are” by Nirvana
- 6. “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt
- 7. “No Scrubs” by TLC
- 8. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
- 9. “Basket Case” by Green Day
- 10. “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode
- 11. “Loser” by Beck
- 12. “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
- 13. “Ocean Man” by Ween
- 14. “Believe” by Cher
- 15. “Bulls on Parade” by Rage Against the Machine
- 16. “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer
- 17. “The Sign” by Ace of Base
- 18. “Achy Breaky Heart” by Billy Ray Cyrus
- 19. “Just a Friend” by Biz Markie
- 20. “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows
- 21. “1979” by Smashing Pumpkins
- 22. “Blue (Da Ba Dee)” by Eiffel 65
- 23. “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day
- 24. “Jump Around” by House of Pain
- 25. “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)” by Meat Loaf
- 26. “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind
- 27. “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey
- 28. “Santeria” by Sublime
- 29. “Criminal” by Fiona Apple
- 30. “Celebrity Skin” by Hole
- 31. “Losing My Religion” by R.E.M.
- 32. “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia
- 33. “Say It Ain’t So” by Weezer
- 34. “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
- 35. “Zombie” by The Cranberries
- 36. “Someday” by Sugar Ray
- 37. “Lovefool” by The Cardigans
- 38. “Bailamos” by Enrique Iglesias
- 39. “Return of the Mack” by Mark Morrison
- 40. “Creep” by Radiohead
- 41. “…Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears
- 42. “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal
- 43. “This is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan
- 44. “You’ll Be In My Heart” by Phil Collins
- 45. “Champagne Supernova” by Oasis
- 46. “Miami” by Will Smith
- 47. “Friday I’m in Love” by The Cure
- 48. “Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera
- 49. “Iris” by The Goo Goo Dolls
- 50. “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba
- 90s Karaoke Songs – Final Thoughts
1. “Killing Me Softly With His Song” by Fugees
Where would the 90s be had it not been for people like Lauryn Hill?
She and Fugees as a whole were incredibly important for 90s music and it’s songs like this that brought their unique style into the radio world, so why not honor that legacy by giving this song a chance at your next karaoke outing?
2. “Livin’ la Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin
Adding some latin flare is a great way to spice up the night and there’s no better artist from the 90s who could help with that than Ricky Martin.
Let everyone know that you got style by singing this track and don’t forget to show off some moves while you’re at it.
3. “Life is a Highway” by Tom Cochrane
When it comes to fun 90s hits to get the whole building screaming along, this song is certainly up there as one of your best options.
Bonus points if you bring a harmonica with you!
4. “No Diggity (ft. Dr. Dre & Queen Pen)” by Blackstreet
If you have a certain level of charisma to you, then don’t let that stay hidden!
Show everyone that you know how to make the crowd blush and swoon over you by singing this R&B classic.
5. “Come As You Are” by Nirvana
For anyone looking to come off too cool for karaoke, why not pick this classic to show the audience that you’re not a typical karaoke fan but rather a hidden gem just waiting for your chance to speak up.
6. “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt
Let the emotional side of you pour out if you decide to sing this song.
Even if you’ve never been through a break up, if you’re going to sing this song then make sure to give it the justice it deserves.
7. “No Scrubs” by TLC
The perfect song to give everyone that bouncy feel and bring life back into everyone’s night.
Remember: if they’re riffing, then you’re also riffing!
You really can’t go wrong with any 90s R&B song but with this song specifically, you need to really be prepared to give it your all.
8. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
Once everyone hears that flute come in, they all know there’s trouble afoot but you can ease that trouble by showing everyone that you mean business.
A great song to let everyone know that you got the pipes and lungs to work it.
9. “Basket Case” by Green Day
Easily one of Green Day’s best songs, “Basket Case” is meant to be screamed for the masses.
Luckily for you, karaoke is the perfect time to let that message be proclaimed.
10. “Enjoy the Silence” by Depeche Mode
Got some alt folks in the crowd that just aren’t vibing to anything being sung?
Give them a bit of familiarity by singing something a little…darker.
Trust me, whether it’s the whole crowd enjoying it or just the ones with the best taste, you’re gonna want to give this song a try.
11. “Loser” by Beck
Not really in the mood to sing?
Beck’s got you covered!
All you gotta do is rile up the crowd and you’ll have everyone in the building basically singing the chorus for you.
12. “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
It’s gonna be difficult to sing like someone of Steven Tyler’s caliber, but if you love a challenge then you’ll definitely want to give this one a chance.
What more could anyone ask for than someone who’s pouring out their soul right in front of them?
13. “Ocean Man” by Ween
Even for people who aren’t fans of Ween, this song will be recognizable to those who grew up watching Spongebob Squarepants.
Why not hit the folk with a breath of fresh air and nostalgia by taking out this underrated song.
14. “Believe” by Cher
Bring a little sass and vogue into everyone’s night with this house jam!
If you think you’re gonna pull out this masterpiece and not bring out the right attitude, then you got another thing coming.
15. “Bulls on Parade” by Rage Against the Machine
Are you looking to lose your voice?
Are you looking to kick ass tonight?
Go over to the karaoke master and let them know that you are about to bring the house down and don’t forget to scream “Bulls on Parade” as loud as possible!
16. “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer
If you got that special someone in the crowd, let the world know that you’re thinking about them in all the right ways.
Easy and breezy, this 90s love song will surely have everyone rooting for the two of you.
17. “The Sign” by Ace of Base
Have you ever wanted to sing a song so catchy that you’ll have people humming the tune on their car ride home.
Perhaps they’re doing it out of enjoyment or anger, that’s not your fault!
You just wanted to sing a fun song with a pretty earworm of a chorus.
18. “Achy Breaky Heart” by Billy Ray Cyrus
Give everyone a little bit of that country soul and take out this classic Billy Ray Cyrus hit.
With it’s anthemic and chant-like chorus, you’re going to definitely be getting a standing ovation.
19. “Just a Friend” by Biz Markie
Not enough people really take out hip hop songs for their karaoke choices, but if you got the right song then everyone is going to feel the groove.
A great hit song from the 90s about rejection, this song will get everyone swaying back and forth.
20. “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows
Even with the by-the-numbers song and chord structure, “Mr. Jones” finds itself being incredibly passionate and meaningful and if you decide to pick this, you’ll definitely remind the audience why the song is as great as it is.
21. “1979” by Smashing Pumpkins
Never has a song felt so nostalgic, even to those who aren’t all that familiar with it.
It’s timeless how much this song rules and is able to provoke emotions to anyone even a mile away.
22. “Blue (Da Ba Dee)” by Eiffel 65
The 90s weren’t always incredibly serious, there were a lot of people who found comfort in knowing that music can be carefree and outgoing sometimes.
With that being said, this song probably has to be the biggest contributor of that style of strange but memorable euro-pop sound that people would never really find themselves getting used to.
23. “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day
A sad song to say the least, this might be a tearjerker for some people in the crowd
Don’t let that stop them from giving them that hit of 90s nostalgia., though!
Let the crowd know it’s okay to cry every once in a while.
24. “Jump Around” by House of Pain
Enough with the beautiful tunes!
It’s time to jump up and get down!
Let everyone know that you’re not just a fun guy, but rather that you’re a fun guy who knows how to get the crowd roaring!
25. “I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)” by Meat Loaf
Back to the beautiful tunes!
Back to crying!
Don’t worry though, everyone will be ready to help you wipe those tears from your eyes.
That is, of course, after they’re done wiping their tears.
26. “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind
For anyone looking to give the crowd that feeling that they’re 17 again, this song will surely get the job done.
Just don’t look too hard at the lyrics when you’re reading them.
27. “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey
If you’re singing this song and can’t find the heart to smile the whole way through, you might have to look into that.
Watch as every couple holds each other tight and lets each other know “this is about you and me.”
28. “Santeria” by Sublime
Transport everyone from their usual stress into something a lot more easy on the ears.
Karaoke and going out in general can be a bit of an escape from the world around them, so why not give everyone a hand with this light and fun song.
29. “Criminal” by Fiona Apple
Aren’t you just looking to stand out sometimes?
Don’t you want to stick it to everybody and show everyone you’re not as conventional as them?
Well, I mean the Fiona Apple song is staring right at you.
Why don’t you get up there, free yourself for about four minutes, and show everybody that you’re different.
30. “Celebrity Skin” by Hole
Do you want to feel like you’re on the stage in front of thousands of people?
Once you put this song on and you hear everyone’s cheers, you’ll really feel like you’re the headliner of a sold out show.
31. “Losing My Religion” by R.E.M.
Don’t be shocked if, once you start singing this song, everyone takes out their phone flashlights and leftover lighters and sways.
A song for the ages, 90s karaoke isn’t the same without a little R.E.M.
32. “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia
Don’t blame us when you’ve given everyone listening goosebumps, we weren’t the ones who picked the song!
When all is said and done, this song is a wow factor on its own but mixed into karaoke it’ll be a complete showstopper.
33. “Say It Ain’t So” by Weezer
Whether you’re picking between this song or “Buddy Holly,” no one could go wrong with Weezer.
Good luck trying to hear yourself with everyone cheering and singing along with you.
34. “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
Are you and your friends struggling to each find a song to sing at karaoke?
Why not save yourself the headache, go up there as a group and sing one of the best karaoke songs of the 90s?
You’ll be grateful you did!
35. “Zombie” by The Cranberries
I’m not even kidding when I say this – people are going to be watching and observing and if you can pull this song off, you will have officially created the showstopper of the night.
It shouldn’t be that serious, but when you really think about what singing this song entails, you must be prepared to give it your all.
36. “Someday” by Sugar Ray
Let’s take a break from the serious and heartbreaking songs and have something to unwind to.
Sugar Ray’s brand of easy going rock is perfect to give everyone a chance to catch their breath and nourish themselves.
37. “Lovefool” by The Cardigans
Everyone’s a fool looking for love, just because you go up on stage and proclaim it doesn’t make you any different from anyone listening.
At least you’re proud enough to proclaim it!
38. “Bailamos” by Enrique Iglesias
There’s a certain energy that’s almost always missing from karaoke, this feeling of zest.
Who could do something to change that?
Why, it’s gotta be you!
You gotta be the one to give everyone what they didn’t know they were missing.
39. “Return of the Mack” by Mark Morrison
Sometimes, singing isn’t the only thing you can do while you’re on stage doing karaoke.
Show your moves!
Show everyone that you’re not just a singer, you’re a performer!
Put on this song, let those hips swivel and bring out all that charm you’ve got hidden in there.
40. “Creep” by Radiohead
Sometimes when you’re out, everyone’s having a great time on stage but you don’t feel like you fit in.
Why not use that to your advantage?
Let them know how much of an outcast you are!
Karaoke is a fun activity for everybody and even if this song expresses some different emotions than what everyone is used to, just know that everyone’s there to support you.
41. “…Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears
Show the world that you got more than just style, but also that you got charisma.
Screaming this song at the top of your lungs is the only way to really get it right, so let’s here those pipes!
42. “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal
If you’re looking for a song that shows incredible vocal talent, look no further.
Don’t let this song’s popular nature shock you, this won’t be for everybody.
This will be one of the harder songs to perform at karaoke but it’ll all be worth it when you perfectly hit those notes and give the performance of a lifetime.
43. “This is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan
Get the whole room grooving when you proclaim that “this is how we do it.”
Also it’s great that it reminds everyone who may have been drinking to have a designated driver.
Fun and safe!
44. “You’ll Be In My Heart” by Phil Collins
You’ll be surprised how much people will love a song even more if they’ve heard it in a movie they’ve loved since they were a child.
This Phil Collins classic feels like a cheat song to get everyone to love you, but it’s not like it doesn’t deserve it.
Once you really get to hear it, you’ll understand.
45. “Champagne Supernova” by Oasis
I see you waiting for “Wonderwall” to show up on this list.
That’s called false hope, baby!
Why don’t you switch it up a little, give the audience a fresh song they wouldn’t expect?
I’m sure they’ll all appreciate it in the long run.
46. “Miami” by Will Smith
Though not the longest music career, Will Smith’s musical career will live on forever…as a contribution to karaoke nights.
Who isn’t ready to jam to one of Hollywood’s favorite and unproblematic actors?
47. “Friday I’m in Love” by The Cure
If you’re going to karaoke, you’ve most likely had a long day at work, as did everyone else.
Watch as everyone unites to admire this amazing song and sing along to “I don’t care if Monday’s blue. Tuesday’s gray and Wednesday too.”
48. “Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera
It doesn’t matter what you identify as, if you are singing this song you are flat out a diva.
End of discussion.
You knew what entailed when you picked this song and you’re going to have to live with the fact that you go way too hard.
I’m sorry, but not really.
49. “Iris” by The Goo Goo Dolls
From the shy and reserved verses to the grand chorus, you can let everyone know that you got vocal chops.
Don’t be afraid to encourage everyone to join in, trust me they’ll be more than glad to.
50. “Tubthumping” by Chumbawamba
I don’t think I’ve ever been to a karaoke outing where someone didn’t sing this song.
The question is “who will be the one to pick it?”
This song was made for karaoke by one of music’s most underrated bands and if you’re not going to keep the tradition alive, then I will!
90s Karaoke Songs – Final Thoughts
Karaoke is one of the best activities one could ask to do on a night out and it’s a great way to listen and sing along to your favorite songs of the 90s or whatever era you choose.
If there was one piece of advice we can give you, it’s to just relax and have fun!