If you or someone close to you is facing difficult times, turning to others for help is something innate within us.
We also want to help those in need by listening and letting them know that we’re there for them.
Music can be an incredibly empowering and uplifting tool that can relieve people of the burdens of life.
Below, we’ve compiled a wide variety of the 50 best songs about helping others. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
- 1. “How to Save a Life” by The Fray
- 2. “Where is the Love?” by Black Eyed Peas
- 3. “Help Me, Rhonda” by The Beach Boys
- 4. “One More Light” by Linkin Park
- 5. “Help Me Hold On” by Travis Tritt
- 6. “Hey Brother” by Avicci
- 7. “Chandelier” by Sia
- 8. “The First Cut Is the Deepest” by Cheryl Crow
- 9. “How Can I Help You Say Goodbye” by Patty Loveless
- 10. “Stand By You” by Rachel Platten
- 11. “I’ll Take You There” by The Staple Singers
- 12. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- 13. “Let Me Love You” by Ne-Yo
- 14. “Put It All On Me” by Ed Sheeran & Ella Mai
- 15. “Be Kind” by Marshmallow & Halsey
- 16. “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” by Bryan Adams
- 17. “Hands” by Jewel
- 18. “Somebody’s Daughter” by Tenille Townes
- 19. “Here For You” by Kygo & Ella Henderson
- 20. “Count On Me” by Bruno Mars
- 21. “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
- 22. “Umbrella” by Rihanna & Jay-Z
- 23. “In My Daughter’s Eyes” by Martina McBride
- 24. “I Won’t Let Go” by Rascal Flatts
- 25. “Temporary Home” by Carrie Underwood
- 26. “Try a Little Kindness” by Glen Campbell
- 27. “We Build” by Nichole Nordeman
- 28. “I Will Carry You” by Michael W. Smith
- 29. “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” by John Lee Hooker
- 30. “Anyway” by Martina McBride
- 31. “The Promise” by Sturgill Simpson
- 32. “Banner of Love” by Luminate
- 33. “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- 34. “Glorious Day” by Michael Bleeker & Mark Hall
- 35. “Let It Start With Me” by No Other Name
- 36. “What I Am” by Will.i.am
- 37. “I Smile” by Kirk Franklin
- 38. “Hands & Feet” by Audio Adrenaline
- 39. “At Your Side” by The Corrs
- 40. “Have Faith In Me” by A Day To Remember
- 41. “Keeping Your Head Up” by Birdy
- 42. “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing” by Stevie Wonder
- 43. “Song For a Friend” by Jason Mraz
- 44. “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth
- 45. “I’ll Stand By You” by The Pretenders
- 46. “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Josh Groban
- 47. “Count On Me” by Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans
- 48. “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother” by The Hollies
- 49. “Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne
- 50. “I’ll Be There For You” by Bon Jovi
- Songs About Helping Others – Final Thoughts
1. “How to Save a Life” by The Fray
The lead singer of The Fray was involved in volunteer work helping teens who were going through a tumultuous time.
His work in helping others served as inspiration for this rock song that was released in 2005 and is one of the best volunteerism songs.
2. “Where is the Love?” by Black Eyed Peas
This pop song was released in 2003 and it has a strong message of addressing the wrongs in the world.
The themes included gang crime, terrorism, war, violence, and discrimination.
A plea for help is also throughout the song with the lyrics, “Father, father, father help us…”
3. “Help Me, Rhonda” by The Beach Boys
Dating back to 1965, “Help Me, Rhonda” went number one due to its themes of heartbreak that everyone can relate to.
The song is about a man who’s desperately trying to get over his heartbreak by reaching out to a girl named Rhonda and asking her for help.
4. “One More Light” by Linkin Park
Linkin Park made this song to remind the ones closest to you that you love them.
The song was inspired after a friend of the band passed away.
It’s one of the top songs about compassion for others.
5. “Help Me Hold On” by Travis Tritt
This is one for couples experiencing problems in their relationships.
The song revolves around a man who has done too little too late concerning his partner’s wants and needs.
Sometimes, we don’t realize how serious the situation is until the other person is about to leave.
6. “Hey Brother” by Avicci
Avicci, unfortunately, passed away unexpectedly in 2018, however, his electro-pop song, “Hey Brother”, among many others, will carry on his legacy.
It’s one of the modern songs about helping others, particularly your siblings.
7. “Chandelier” by Sia
“Chandelier” tackles themes of substance abuse and hiding away from your problems.
Hanging from the chandelier and trying to hold on as it swings is used to show how she’s suffering and simply trying to hold onto life.
8. “The First Cut Is the Deepest” by Cheryl Crow
This song is about a woman who’s feeling the pain of a partner who scarred her in a previous relationship.
She’s pleading with her new lover to have patience as she’s trying to heal and be a better partner for him.
A 2003 love song that many people still find incredibly personal.
9. “How Can I Help You Say Goodbye” by Patty Loveless
Are you struggling with goodbyes? They can be difficult and this country song from 1993 could be just what you need to get through it.
The song is comforting and lets you know that it’s okay to be sad about goodbyes and that time heals all.
10. “Stand By You” by Rachel Platten
This pop song from 2016 can be used to reassure your partner that you’re there for them through thick and thin.
11. “I’ll Take You There” by The Staple Singers
Looking for an escapism song?
This 1972 reggae track captures the essence of a world full of peace and happiness.
There’s a reason it’s one of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time by the Rolling Stone.
12. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
This R&B song from 1967 revolves around an ex-couple who commit to helping each other, regardless of their situation.
The song has been inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
13. “Let Me Love You” by Ne-Yo
In need of an upbeat R&B song?
This Ne-Yo hit from 2012 could be the perfect remedy.
The song is about a man trying to uplift his partner and let her know that her previous struggles in life don’t define her.
14. “Put It All On Me” by Ed Sheeran & Ella Mai
This pop song from 2019 is about a couple who are both supporting each other.
It’s a sweet song that can help you understand what a good healthy relationship can look like.
15. “Be Kind” by Marshmallow & Halsey
With nearly 100 million views on YouTube, this EDM song from 2020 is about a girl who’s trying to help her partner emotionally.
He carries the burden of issues from a previous relationship and she’s trying to show him that she’s there to help him through it.
16. “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” by Bryan Adams
This pop ballad from 1991 is centered around a woman who means everything to the singer.
The song is about him showing her that everything he does is for her.
17. “Hands” by Jewel
“Hands” by Jewel is a 1998 pop song that expresses the importance of human kindness.
The thing that makes this song so impactful is that the singer was out of a job due to health issues and was starting to become desperate and started stealing food.
However, she realized that she didn’t need to lose her dignity in her lowest times.
18. “Somebody’s Daughter” by Tenille Townes
This country song from 2018 delves into the importance of helping others.
The song title refers to the singer driving past a homeless woman and giving her some money.
At this moment, the singer is thinking that the woman is someone’s daughter and that she would hope someone would help her daughter out like that if the roles were reversed.
19. “Here For You” by Kygo & Ella Henderson
“Here For You” is a powerful song about a woman who’s letting her partner know that she’ll be there for him, even at his worst moments in life.
20. “Count On Me” by Bruno Mars
Bruno Mars made this catchy song to remind people to always be kind and how important true friendship is.
21. “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
This song offers a simple yet powerful message about how you should always be there to help the ones closest to you.
Even if someone isn’t responsive to your help, the song reinforces the fact that you shouldn’t give up on them.
22. “Umbrella” by Rihanna & Jay-Z
Rihanna and Jay-Z’s world-renowned song includes messages about how they’re sticking around for a partner even during their darkest times.
23. “In My Daughter’s Eyes” by Martina McBride
This country song can help parents get a better perspective on how their kids may view them.
It can be difficult to understand what your kids see when they look at you as someone who has cared for them and helped them so much.
24. “I Won’t Let Go” by Rascal Flatts
Rascal Flatts made this song to reassure you about the importance of persevering through tough times for the people you love.
25. “Temporary Home” by Carrie Underwood
If someone you know is feeling homesick, or you yourself are missing home, this could be a helpful song.
26. “Try a Little Kindness” by Glen Campbell
Despite issues we may have in our past, this country song serves as a reminder that we should always be kind and not be tied down to our past.
27. “We Build” by Nichole Nordeman
Families and groups of friends can listen to this song and hear the messages about the importance of teamwork.
This is especially the case when it comes to dealing with trauma.
28. “I Will Carry You” by Michael W. Smith
This song can be used to show the people dearest to you how much you care for them.
The soulfulness of the song can reassure your loved ones that they matter to you.
29. “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” by John Lee Hooker
If you or someone close to you is mourning, this song can be a fantastic reminder of how we should keep the ones we love close.
It can help people through their emotions and put things into perspective to help them move on.
30. “Anyway” by Martina McBride
This song reinforces the idea of being there for someone, even if it gets hard and you don’t feel strong enough.
31. “The Promise” by Sturgill Simpson
This song by Sturgill Simpson can be an incredible inspiration for people who are committed to providing care to another person.
If you’re finding it tough, this song can reassure you about the importance of being there for someone to whom you’re committed.
32. “Banner of Love” by Luminate
“Banner of Love” is a song about being prideful in being known for how much love and care you give to others.
33. “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman
Marriages can endure stretches of hard times but this song proves as a great reminder about the love that you have for one another.
The singer wrote this song for his wife to reassure her that he’ll be there no matter what.
34. “Glorious Day” by Michael Bleeker & Mark Hall
If you’re looking for worship songs about caring for others, “Glorious Day” is a great choice.
Michael and Mark made this song to show their love and appreciation of God and how turning to their faith in tough times has helped them through life.
35. “Let It Start With Me” by No Other Name
This song reminds us how you should take the initiative to offer someone help instead of waiting until they’re desperate and have to ask.
36. “What I Am” by Will.i.am
This song provides children with a positive message that can help them feel confident when it comes to discovering their identity.
37. “I Smile” by Kirk Franklin
Simply showing up every day with a smile on your face can be incredibly uplifting for you and others around you.
This song by Kirk Franklin encourages people to keep a smile, regardless of whether things are difficult or going well.
38. “Hands & Feet” by Audio Adrenaline
The idea of caring for others may mean doing something that you haven’t done before, which can feel daunting.
This song recognized how difficult it can be but that it’s necessary to show people that you’re there for them.
39. “At Your Side” by The Corrs
This song is a mix of pop and rock that revolves around the narrator providing support and care for their loved ones.
The message is simple but effective.
40. “Have Faith In Me” by A Day To Remember
“Have Faith In Me” is all about being there for the people you love.
It broke into the top 40 charts in 2010 in the Alternative Songs category.
41. “Keeping Your Head Up” by Birdy
If you or someone you’re close to is feeling sad, this song embraces those feelings whilst also assuring you that the future is brighter.
42. “Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing” by Stevie Wonder
Being worried can be a difficult emotion to deal with and someone simply telling you not to worry usually doesn’t help.
However, this song encourages you to let go of your worries and reminds you that those thoughts don’t have to control you.
43. “Song For a Friend” by Jason Mraz
This song is a great reminder of what true friendship is.
Real friends will always tell you the truth and have your best interests in mind and “Song For a Friend” is all about the impactful advice from real friends.
44. “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth
If you’re in a long-distance relationship, this song could help you through some of the hardships that come your way.
This song resonated with people in 2015 as it reached number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
45. “I’ll Stand By You” by The Pretenders
This song was later redone by Carrie Underwood.
The original version is by The Pretenders and carries the message of being there for a friend who’s going through a difficult time.
46. “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Josh Groban
With more than 5 million views on YouTube, this song by Josh Groban has struck a chord with people.
It’s an uplifting song about comforting a character in the musical Carousel who has just lost her husband.
47. “Count On Me” by Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans
This song is part of the musical soundtrack of the film Waiting to Exhale.
Both Whitney and CeCe deliver extraordinary performances that show how important friendship is.
48. “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother” by The Hollies
The lyrics in this song are about the singer having a strong sense of responsibility to be there for his family during a difficult period.
This song made it into the Billboard Hot 100 charts in 1967/70.
49. “Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne
This song won an award at the 2008 SOCAN Awards and was featured in the soundtrack of a film called Eragon in 2006.
It’s an emotional song that reminds us to remain strong and not give up.
50. “I’ll Be There For You” by Bon Jovi
Bon Jovi’s power ballad is all about him confessing his love for a woman who has left him and letting her know that he’ll always be there for her.
The song went number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1989.
Songs About Helping Others – Final Thoughts
So, that wraps up our list of the top 50 songs about helping others.
There’s a great selection that varies from R&B and pop to rock to indie and gospel.
Hopefully, you can put these songs to good use when helping others or yourself through difficult times.