Fighting has always been a part of our world.
Whether it’s in form of an argument, a physical fight, or the worst of it all, wars.
However, songs about fighting can also be very encouraging. They can awaken a fighter in you.
And they can motivate you to fight for yourself.
We’ve picked the 35 best songs about fighting; from energetic fighting songs to inspiring battle songs featured in popular movies and TV shows.
Table of Contents
- 35 Songs About Fighting
- 1. Public Enemy – “Fight the Power”
- 2. Christina Aguilera – “Fighter”
- 3. Beastie Boys – “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)”
- 4. Florence + The Machine – “Kiss With A Fist”
- 5. Ramin Djawadi – “Spoils of War Pt.1 (GOT Soundtrack)”
- 6. Cheryl Cole – “Fight For This Love”
- 7. The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
- 8. The Clash – “I Fought the Law”
- 9. AURORA – “Warrior”
- 10. Lisa Gerrard – “Now We Are Free (Gladiator Soundtrack)”
- 11. Alan Silvestri – “Portals (Avengers: Endgame Soundtrack)”
- 12. Taylor Swift – “Bad Blood”
- 13. Thirty Seconds to Mars – “This Is War”
- 14. Flogging Molly – “Drink and Fight”
- 15. The Rolling Stones – “Street Fighting Man”
- 16. Rachel Platten – “Fight Song”
- 17. Jordin Sparks – “Battlefield”
- 18. Eminem ft. Rihanna – “Love the Way You Lie”
- 19. Two Steps From Hell – “Heart of Courage”
- 20. Alexandre Desplat – “Battle of Hogwarts Theme (Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Pt.2 Soundtrack)”
- 21. Radiohead – “A Punch Up at a Wedding”
- 22. Pat Benatar – “Love Is A Battlefield”
- 23. Elton John – “Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting”
- 24. Imagine Dragons, JID – “Enemy”
- 25. Ellie Goulding – “Army”
- 26. Beyoncé – “Formation”
- 27. Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
- 28. AC/DC – “Are You Ready”
- 29. Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder – “The Fighter”
- 30. London Grammar – “Strong”
- 31. Des’ree – “You Gotta Be”
- 32. Bob Marley – “Get Up, Stand Up”
- 33. Pharell Williams – “Freedom”
- 34. Sia – “Don’t Give Up”
- 35. Howard Shore – “Riders of Rohan (LOTR: The Two Towers Soundtrack)”
- Final Thoughts
35 Songs About Fighting
1. Public Enemy – “Fight the Power”
Let’s start with one of the most iconic fight songs.
“Fight the Power” by Public Enemy has also been described as one of the most provocative songs ever.
It’s primarily a song about black power, and it made a huge impact back in 1989. And it’s still one of the most important protest songs.
2. Christina Aguilera – “Fighter”
When it comes to songs about being a fighter, Christina Aguilera’s 2002 hit definitely comes to mind.
“Fighter” is a song you should listen to when you’re feeling down. It will motivate you to take matters into your own hands.
“‘Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter.”
3. Beastie Boys – “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)”
This is one of those cool fight songs that will immediately pump you up.
Released in 1986, “Fight for Your Right” quickly became a big hit, but the Beastie Boys didn’t play it live after 1987.
Maybe they successfully won their right to party.
4. Florence + The Machine – “Kiss With A Fist”
“Kiss With A Fist” is not one of the typical Florence + The Machine songs.
And it’s definitely not one of the common fighting songs.
But it does fit this playlist perfectly.
5. Ramin Djawadi – “Spoils of War Pt.1 (GOT Soundtrack)”
If you’re searching for epic battle songs, this one is for you.
Even if you’re not a fan of Game of Thrones, this powerful track will give you chills.
Without a doubt, Ramin Djawadi is a master of his craft.
6. Cheryl Cole – “Fight For This Love”
Of course, there are also a lot of songs about fighting for someone.
And fighting for love is an essential part of every relationship.
And Cheryl Cole knows that “When it gets tough you gotta fight some more.”
7. The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
“Seven Nation Army” is definitely one of the most popular pre-fight songs.
The title of the song comes from what Jack White thought the Salvation Army was called when he was a kid.
It all makes more sense now, right?
“I’m gonna fight ’em all
A seven nation army couldn’t hold me back
They’re gonna rip it off
Taking their time right behind my back.”
8. The Clash – “I Fought the Law”
This is also one of the timeless fight songs.
Of course, “I Fought the Law” tells a story of a guy who goes to jail because of a robbery.
Although it’s mostly associated with The Clash, “I Fought the Law” is written by Sonny Curtis of the Crickets (who also recorded it.)
9. AURORA – “Warrior”
“Warrior” is a song about fighting for yourself and being brave.
And sometimes, letting love conquer your mind is the bravest thing you can do.
“I stand behind the wall of people and thoughts, mind controlling
And I hold a sword to guide me
I’m fighting my way.“
10. Lisa Gerrard – “Now We Are Free (Gladiator Soundtrack)”
“Now We Are Free” is one of the most powerful tracks from “Gladiator”.
It’s not one of the fight scene songs, but it’s filled with feelings of hope and relief.
11. Alan Silvestri – “Portals (Avengers: Endgame Soundtrack)”
Unlike the previous track, this is definitely one of going into battle songs.
If you’re a fan of Avengers, then you know exactly what scene this track is in and how powerful it is.
In fact, many agree it’s one of the most iconic moments in Marvel movies.
12. Taylor Swift – “Bad Blood”
In another reality, after saying “Avengers, assemble!”, Taylor Swift and her friends show up.
“Bad Blood” music video features a lot of familiar faces. And it certainly fits into the atmosphere of this girl-power anthem.
13. Thirty Seconds to Mars – “This Is War”
Thirty Seconds to Mars wrote a serious song about battle.
The music video for “This Is War” features US soldiers deployed to Afghanistan.
The song was released on the band’s studio album of the same name.
“It’s the moment of truth, and the moment to lie
The moment to live and the moment to die
The moment to fight, the moment to fight.”
14. Flogging Molly – “Drink and Fight”
On the other hand, guys from Flogging Molly only want to drink and fight.
But we love them anyway.
And if you’re not sure if that’s what the song is about, maybe the lyrics will clear things up:
“We’ll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight!
We’ll drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink and fight!”
15. The Rolling Stones – “Street Fighting Man”
This is arguably one of the most famous rock songs about fighting.
Since it reflects the spirit of 1968, “Street Fighting Man” is actually a political song.
“Everywhere I hear the sound of marching, charging feet, boy
‘Cause summer’s here and the time is right for fighting in the street, boy.”
16. Rachel Platten – “Fight Song”
When it comes to pop fight songs, Rachel Platten’s 2014 tune is one of the most popular ones.
It’s an uplifting song that can help you keep your head up.
“This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I’m alright song.”
17. Jordin Sparks – “Battlefield”
Many songs about arguing compare romantic relationships to a battlefield.
And the message of Jordin Sparks’ “Battlefield” is pretty clear.
But we believe that love shouldn’t feel that way.
Sure, it can be complicated, but if your relationship always comes down to fighting, then you should perhaps reconsider if it’s worth fighting for.
18. Eminem ft. Rihanna – “Love the Way You Lie”
“Love the Way You Lie” is also one of the songs about arguments and conflict.
It tells a story of a couple in a troubled and abusive relationship.
And Rihanna and Eminem did it really well.
“I can’t breathe, but I still fight while I can fight
As long as the wrong feels right, it’s like I’m in flight.”
19. Two Steps From Hell – “Heart of Courage”
“Heart of Courage” is one of those epic battle songs.
Or it can be a good workout song.
20. Alexandre Desplat – “Battle of Hogwarts Theme (Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Pt.2 Soundtrack)”
There are different kinds of battle songs.
And we surely didn’t forget about the battle of Hogwarts.
Alexandre Desplat did an amazing job of creating a familiar yet powerful soundtrack for the big finale of Harry Potter.
“Piertotum Locomotor!” We’ve always wanted to use that spell.
21. Radiohead – “A Punch Up at a Wedding”
When thinking about songs about punching, you probably wouldn’t think of Radiohead.
But their song “A Punch Up at a Wedding” really seems to be a good choice for this playlist.
“I don’t know why you bother
Nothing’s ever good enough for you
I was there, it wasn’t like that
You’ve come here just to start a fight.”
22. Pat Benatar – “Love Is A Battlefield”
It’s true, falling in love when you’re young can feel overwhelming.
And Pat Benatar managed to portray that excitement and restlessness in her 1983 track “Love Is a Battlefield.”
“We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
Love is a battlefield.”
23. Elton John – “Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting”
We have to admit, this song would be a great soundtrack for a bar fight.
And it’s probably one of the best rock tunes from Elton John.
“Oh, don’t give us none of your aggravation
We had it with your discipline
Oh, Saturday night’s alright for fighting
Get a little action in.”
24. Imagine Dragons, JID – “Enemy”
Songs about defeating the enemy are just as popular as songs with fight in the lyrics.
And a song about fighting (or being) an enemy seems suitable for Imagine Dragons.
25. Ellie Goulding – “Army”
Ellie Goulding released “Army” on her third studio album in 2015.
It’s a song about relationships and all the sacrifices they entail.
“I know that I’ve been messed up
You never let me give up
All the nights and the fights
And the blood and the breakups.”
26. Beyoncé – “Formation”
If you want to go into a battle, you need to get in formation.
And Beyoncé knows how to invite her girls into one.
“Formation” is a powerful song about African-American heritage and feminism. It’s a song about the fight for human rights.
27. Survivor – “Eye of the Tiger”
Without a doubt, “Eye of the Tiger” is the most iconic song about fighting.
Well, it’s a theme song for the film Rocky III (it came out a day before the single), so it’s no wonder it was immediately categorized as one of the fighting songs.
Memorable guitar blasts, powerful vocals, and confident lyrics – it was a winning combination.
28. AC/DC – “Are You Ready”
It’s only logical to include at least one AC/DC song on this list.
And “Are You Ready” seems like a good fit.
Just replace the word time with fight:
“Are you ready for a good time
Then get ready for the night line
Are you ready for a good time.”
29. Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder – “The Fighter”
“The Fighter” by Gym Class Heroes and Ryan Tedder is a real motivation booster.
It will inspire you to give your best and fight for yourself.
30. London Grammar – “Strong”
Songs about being a fighter are often made with the intent to make you feel stronger.
“Strong” by London Grammar isn’t of the typical fighting songs, but it’s very inspirational and calming.
31. Des’ree – “You Gotta Be”
Another song that will make you feel stronger and more hopeful is “You Gotta Be” by Des’ree.
It’s a timeless hit from the ’90s.
“You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger.”
32. Bob Marley – “Get Up, Stand Up”
Speaking of timeless songs, Bob Marley has a bunch of songs about fighting for freedom and justice.
And “Get Up, Stand Up” is one of the human rights anthems.
It’s a call for action and an inspiration to keep fighting for your rights.
33. Pharell Williams – “Freedom”
Another song that deals with human rights issues is “Freedom” by Pharell Williams.
The song is featured in Quentin Tarantino’s movie “Django Unchained.”
“Man’s red flower
It’s in every living thing
Mind, use your power
Spirit, use your wings.“
34. Sia – “Don’t Give Up”
This could be a great pre-fight song.
Well, Sia is known for making motivational music. And her song “Don’t Give Up” has a clear message.
The song is from the soundtrack of the 2016 movie “Lion.” Also a very motivational movie.
35. Howard Shore – “Riders of Rohan (LOTR: The Two Towers Soundtrack)”
And last but not least, one of the most emotional movie battle songs.
Howard Shore is arguably one of the best film composers.
And what he composed for the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy is truly memorable.
As you can see, there are all kinds of songs about fighting.
But most of them are very motivational. After all, we wanted to inspire you and show you songs that will make you feel stronger and more confident.
We’re all fighting our own battles every day. And this kind of music can help you deal with them more easily.
So, keep your head up, and keep fighting!